Two more recordings from the Dreamblaster X2, using the new GUD Beta v0.7 sound bank and Preset Audit v2 for levels.
Track one is Duke Nukem 3D’s title song ‘Grab Bag’ and track two is Doom’s E1M1 song ‘At Doom’s Gate’.
This update brings the following changes to v0.6.
- Reduced dynamics floor to -36dB on all 128 instruments for more modern, compressed sound. It sounds better on low levels when gaming.
- Corrected “D149-Crash Lower” and “D157-Crash” volume/velocity curves. Crash now hearable in Doom.
- Corrected “118-Synth Drum” Synth Drum tuning
- Corrected “98-Crystal SFX” Crystal tuning
- Corrected “77-shakuchachi” sample start, volume and tuning
- Corrected “73-flute” sample start, volume and tuning
- Corrected “78-Irish Thin Whistle” sample start, volume and tuning.
If you’d like to update your X2 to version 0.7 you can download the sound bank here.